Donate to Auroville Festival
Financial contributions for Auroville’s development are channeled through the Auroville Unity Fund from where donations are directed to the designated projects. It is therefore important that clear indication is given when the contribution is made specifically for Auroville Festival.
Within Auroville – Pls donate to FS a/c no. 251449
For outside donors: Four steps for making donations
- Decide your method of donation – online / offline / India / abroad
- Specify the project while making donation
- Specify whether you need a tax exemption receipt
- Inform the Auroville Festival (email@example.com) or Unity Fund about your donation
Volunteer with Auroville Festival
Auroville Festival is accepting applications for volunteering positions for its 2022 edition.
OUR VOLUNTEERS ARE PROACTIVE, HAVE EXCELLENT INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND CONTRIBUTE IMMENSELY UNDER VARIOUS ROLES INCLUDING:
- Participant liaisons
- Workshop Coordinators
- Visitor assistance
- Production managers
- Social media
- Content writing
- PR and communications
- VIP, programming and/or gallery relations
- Assistants in the Auroville Festival’s office
- Designers, photographers and videographers
Participate in Auroville Festival
Some of the activities planned for the Auroville Festival are:
Internships @ Auroville
AUROVILLE FESTIVAL IS SEEKING PERSONABLE, ENERGETIC AND TALENTED INDIVIDUALS FOR PAID, PART-TIME INTERNSHIPS. ALL UNITS/ACTIVITIES LOOK TO TAKE ON INTERNS AT DIFFERENT TIMES DURING THE YEAR TO SUPPORT US ON VARIOUS ROLES INCLUDING:
We are seeking an organised and efficient event manager to join our growing team. In this role, you would have the amazing chance to work with the event department as well as in close communication with all other teams at the fair. You will lead the overall planning and management of distribution of VIP passes, manage the transport and logistics for our most important guests and artists, and oversee the actual entry gates for VIPs. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading the recruitment process, training and managing our large team of visitor assistants.
- Manage distribution and technical backend support for digital passes
- Manage VIP logistics and transportation schedules
- Manage recruitment, training and scheduling of visitor assistant teams
- Manage collectors programme operations
- Manage VIP gates and entry protocols and processes
To apply, send us your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly mention ‘Event Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
Requirements: Full-time, immediate start until 20th April 2022
If you’re energetic, super organised, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this is your moment to learn just about everything involved in the running of a major event. As our Production Manager, you would have the amazing opportunity to work as a liaison with guest speakers, artists, unit holders and other professionals. You will lead the execution of an exciting festival programme, including talks, performance and workshops. You should ideally be someone who is extremely organised, enthusiastic, passionate about the arts, experienced in running programming events and above all, a multitasker.
- Support the AF VIP & Programming Director on all tasks
- Maintain and update programme budget
- Manage schedule and resourcing for talks / workshops / performances
- Manage production requirements and execution of all such requirements for the programme
- Responsible for gathering information for programme participant bios and images
- Liaise with the speakers and programme participants on a regular basis to manage their flights, hotel bookings, individual itineraries and transport – within a tight budget
- On festival days, oversee the management of the talks programme, including AV requirements, schedules, timings, announcements etc.
- Manage a small team hired to assist during the extremely busy festival days
To apply, send us your CV on email@example.com. Please clearly mention ‘Production Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
Requirements: Full-time, immediate start until 30th April 2022
SOCIAL MEDIA & WEBSITE MANAGER
We are looking to hire a highly dynamic and creative individual with exceptional interpersonal and writing skills to support our Head of Digital and Communications on social media and website management. The candidate should have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the field, especially in ideating and creating compelling content for social media channels. They should be familiar with key social media metrics, be able to report on analytics, and have a working knowledge of SEO.
- Support the Head of Digital and Communications in all tasks, before and during the fair
- Develop strategic emailers and social media posts for all channels to maintain and expand the brand’s digital presence
- Manage social profiles daily, quickly turn around content for social channels and help manage audience engagement
- Maintain and update the brand website with content provided by Heads of Programming, Exhibitions and Digital
- Create social media and website traffic reports for internal uses as well as sponsors and partners
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Knowledge of SEO
- Knowledge of website and social media analytics
- Familiarity with WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook Creator studio or business
- Comfort with Google, Zoom and MS suites
- Able to multitask, communicate, and quickly turn around tasks
- Videography and film editing knowledge will be a plus
- Adobe suite skills will be a plus
To apply, send us your CV, a short cover letter and 2 writing samples on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly mention ‘Application for Social Media & Website Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
Requirements: Full-time, 5 February 2022 until 1 March 2023, including a 14-day probationary period
FESTIVAL RELATIONS EXECUTIVE
We are looking to hire a dynamic and energetic individual as an Relations Executive. You will work and interact with various units and institutions participating in the festival. You should be super organised, have excellent communication skills, enjoy art research and, above all, should be a multitasker. This would be an ideal opportunity for you if you are a people person with at least 1-year experience of working in visual arts.
- Assisting the reporting head within Festival Relations department with all tasks.
- Keeping track of and troubleshooting queries from initiatives / institutions related to their participation at Auroville Festival 2022.
- Keeping a regular track of participant/speakers form submissions on the Festival Dashboard on AF website.
- Collating participation related exhibitor service forms as well as following-up on them.
- Researching about Auroville and other international participants and units to assist the team with related reports.
- Liaising with participating initiatives / institutions for IAF Social Media and other online channels in coordination with Digital & Communications team.
- Onsite servicing and troubleshooting for participating initiatives / institutions as part of the Festival Relations team.
- Ensuring smooth reporting & communication flow across departments and completion of other administrative tasks related to participating initiatives and institutions.
- Good command over MS Office suite and Google workspace (G Suite).
- Strong admin and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and listening along with the ability to communicate professionally.
- Capacity to work under pressure and adhere to demanding deadlines.
- Efficient team worker and collaborator.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Knowledge of and a network within the Indian visual arts industry.
- Ability to undertake flexible work hours, including late nights and during weekends, when necessary, especially closer to the onsite event AF 2022.
To apply, send us your CV and a short cover letter on email@example.com. Please clearly mention ‘Application for Auroville Festival Relations Executive’ in the subject line of your email.
Requirements: Full time, starting immediately until 15 February 2022.
Location: Auroville. Work from home may be required intermittently, depending on the covid situation.
VIP RELATIONS MANAGER
If you’re energetic, super organised, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this is your moment to learn just about everything involved in the running of a major event or a festival. You will report directly to the External Relations Director in managing a broad range of VIP schedules and events. Knowledge of arts, culture and Auroville is essential — relevant professional experience is preferred.
- Support the External Relations Director on all tasks
- Assist with managing the official VIP programme
- Respond to incoming requests for VIP passes and information
- Overseeing arrangements for regional and collateral events
- During fair time, ensuring superior experience for visiting individuals and groups
- Maintaining RSVPs and guest lists for various events and programmes
To apply, send us your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly mention ‘VIP Relations Manager’ in the subject line of your email.
Requirements: Full-time, immediate start until 10th February 2023
INSTITUTIONAL PARTNERSHIPS EXECUTIVE
As our Institutional Partnerships Executive, you will work and interact with our corporate partners and sponsors. You should be super organized, have excellent communication skills, enjoy research and, above all, are a multi-tasker. Prior sales and partnerships experience of 2 years and knowledge of the art market is a definite advantage. This role plays a key part in the research, outreach and execution of Institutional partnerships – income and barters, including but not limited to:
- Primary research of potential partners as well pursuing leads suggested by the team in line with Festival strategy
- Outreach, communication and scheduling meetings
- Administration of the end to end process liaising with team members and external suppliers as appropriate, including coordination with the operations team to oversee complex installation of sponsor booths as well as onsite F&B partners during the setting up and taking down of the fair
- Track and report on the Fair sponsorship process, pipeline, contract and fulfilment
- Work with the VIP team to organise and deliver external events for partners
- Support the Head of Partnerships on all tasks
- Liaise with Partners on a regular basis pre-fair
- Coordinate with AF teams for the execution of Partner deliverables
- Confident, developed sales and negotiation skills
- A relationship builder with high EQ
- Analytical with commercial business acumen
- A creative, ideas person with drive and initiative to make new initiatives a reality
- Excellent prioritising and multitasking abilities
- Acute attention to detail and organisational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, and ability to learn new software to prospect
- Proactive work ethic, capable when under pressure with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Prepared for evening and weekend work during the 2 months preceding the fair period
To apply, send us CV and a 300-word cover email outlining why you would be a good fit for the role on email@example.com. Please clearly mention ‘Application for Partnerships Executive’ in the subject line of your email.
Requirements: Full-time; 15 February 2022 until 15 April 2022, including a 14-day probationary period